Thursday, November 17, 2011

Things I love Thursday- Steampunk Edition

Steampunk is a sub-genre of science fiction, fantasy, alternate history, and speculative fiction that came into prominence during the 1980s and early 1990s.[1] Steampunk involves a setting where steam power is still widely used—usually Victorian era Britain—that incorporates elements of either science fiction or fantasy. Works of steampunk often feature anachronistic technology or futuristic innovations as Victorians may have envisioned them, based on a Victorian perspective on fashion, culture, architectural style, art, etc. This technology may include such fictional machines as those found in the works of H. G. Wells and Jules Verne, or more recently Philip Pullman and China Mieville. - Wikipedia

Steampug is the cutest ever! <3

 I adore this girl's getup- absolutely perfect Steampunk costume! I snagged this off pinterest, but if anyone knows the original source, please let me know!
Game of Thrones fans will understand! By Foxwise.

Amazing corset from harlotsandangels

One of my very favorite steampunk novels!

This tutorial teaches you how to convert a nerf gun into your very own steampunk gun prop! So cool.


These gorgeous Alexander Mcqueen heels are the most glorious steampunk shoe ever- so pretty I could almost cry! 

This steampunk laptop is insanely good. SO MUCH WANT.

LOL- best quick description of the genre ever? I think so.



Check out this amazing steampunk inspired mobile home... so fantastical! 
 I love this "Clockwork Kitty" by collageOrama!

Such a pretty jacket from Pyramid Collection

Love love love this picture from Model Mayhem.


Are any of you guys steampunk fans or aficionados? Hope you've enjoyed this post!

9 comments:

  1. Ian wants me to do a steam punk photo shoot! One day I might.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god!
    those shoes!


    i am loving that girls hair
    the braid to the side! really cute
    and so is her outfit




    [♥]██[ X ]██[ O ]██[ X ]██[ O ]██[♥]
    Melina
    www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my, so manmy great pictures!! but the first one is the best, haha, so cute! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a talent for finding great stuff! I'm not big into steampunk, but you could convert me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are some great images! I draw inspiration from a lot of different sources, and these pictures definitely provide a new formspring for ideas. Have you seen The Book of Eli? It's a terrific movie, and it's definitely got some steam punk influence in its costume and set design.

    Splendiferous Inclinations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alyssa- You SHOULD do a steampunk photoshoot, I can just picture all the gorgeous things you would come up with. That would be awesome!

    Jessica Marie- I'm so glad these prove inspirational for you! I have seen Book of Eli and despite it's less than stellar reviews, I really enjoyed it- I love that apocalyptic steampunk aesthetic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this post and I LOVE steampunk! Everything you posted is awesome and I adore those girl's oufits...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!

    Boneshaker is on my TBR shelf. I need to get around to it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi I was wondering what the link is for the steampunk girl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your feedback on my blog! I appreciate each and every one of your messages <3