Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Foxy Halloween!


This Halloween, I went as a fox! It was a bit of a mish mash of things that I owned, but I think it turned out alright! I didn't put enough effort in for a truly homemade costume, but I was pleased I didn't have to resort to a skanky costume in a bag of some sort :)


Sorry these pictures are so bad- I took them on my webcam right before I left for a Halloween party! Welcome to my dirty kitchen... ;) The adorable fox hat is made by awberry on Etsy. She makes all sorts of cute things, go check out her shop!



 It's been a beautiful weekend in Southern California, the sunsets here are so pretty.

 I went with my friend's family to a strange and slightly spooky graveyard where some of the first settlers of the area are buried. It's off the beaten path and not many people know of it, so it was cool to see! It has earned the moniker "Baby Cemetery" for the 3 baby graves it harbors. 
 People leave all sorts of offerings, toys and trinkets for the babies.

 I'm fascinated by old graves such as this one!


 Later on, we carved our pumpkins... after eating the guts. Just kidding! She didn't really eat them, that would be grossss!


I carved the kitty and my friend Erica made the cute haunted house! Look at those cute little bats! 



I carved my own cute little monster pumpkin at home to set out to light the way for my trick or treaters.


I hope you all had a great Halloween night, I know I did! <3

6 comments:

  1. I love it! Foxes are my favorite animal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT pumpkins!

    -grace
    http://herumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that last statement: "light the way for my trick or treaters" so cute! and your costume too, you are one foxy mamma (sorry, i just had to say it)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the pumpkin pictures!
    you look really cute for Halloween
    love the fox costume!


    ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●
    Happy Hump Day Gorgeous!

    xoxo
    www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com
    ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fox costume is cute!
    And yay for not resorting to a slutty costume!
    (love that, haha)
    Hope you had a blast, the pumpkins look great too.
    Have a wonderful November!
    Mel
    http://smilesfrommel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your feedback on my blog! I appreciate each and every one of your messages <3