Wednesday, October 19, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday- Renaissance Festival


For my birthday, Lucas surprised me by taking me to one of my very favorite places- the Renaissance Festival! I used to work as a garland girl at the Colorado Renaissance Festival for my summer job, and the festival held my heart since I was a little girl. The smells of turkey legs and dirt and beer- elephants and roasted sugared almonds- it all transports me back home. I didn't even realize that we had a fair nearby this time of year, so it was a wonderful surprise to find out where we were going! I got all dressed up in my garb I still had from my job at the faire- I love dressing up in Medieval costume!






Outfit Details

Boots//Catskill Mountain Moccasins
Dress//Unicorn Clothing, Colorado Ren Fest
Leather Corset//a leather shop I don't recall the name of at Colorado Ren Fest
Feather Garland//Milady's Posies at Colorado Ren Fest
Necklace// my new treasure from City Bird's Nest

12 comments:

  1. You look absolutely fabulous! Seriously.
    You rocked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, hello?! You look gorgeous!! Wow! I have never been to a renaissance fair, but have always wanted to go. DO you like reading renaissance books?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhhh HOW AWESOME IS THIS and you look beautiful!


    -grace

    http://herumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look awesome! I love the outfit and all the great details that are going with it. city birds nest line of jewelry is awesome and I love the piece you picked out. I am in awes and speechless about these boots . . . incredible! xoxo p.s. loving your gif/cinemagraph

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow
    i am speechless
    you look gorgeous!

    from the beautiful hair
    to your make up
    to the outfit
    every single detail is adorable!



    xoxo
    www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is so awesome!
    and you look very beautiful in this dress!!

    i really love your hairs btw..

    <3
    'lizz


    dramadynasty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every detail--lovely. Hope your birthday was awesome. How did you do your hair--it looks perfect. Do you have natural curl?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! Too much fun. I've always wanted to go to one but the only local one happens once a year about 2 hours away from where I live :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO cute! I love the Ren Fest. Did you see my photos from when I worked at it this summer? I love everything you said - mead and dirt and elephants and fried food; it's all perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The feather garland is too cute :)

    xoxohannah
    a cup of subtle tea

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look fantastic!! Love the wreath in your hair, too pretty! My renfest costume is just a mish mash of things I've bought at thrift stores. It works, but it's not as pretty or as authentic as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow you are gorgeous! I love Ren Faires too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your feedback on my blog! I appreciate each and every one of your messages <3