Friday, September 2, 2011

Foodie Friday- Sugar Donut Muffins



Not many things make up for a baking mistake quite as well as butter and sugar do.... am I right, or am I right?

Thank goodness for this glorious muffin recipe! I love to bake, but I make little mistakes, and I make them probably more often than not. First I under baked these little beauties, and then I over baked them just a bit, but once I rolled them in butter and sugar, the angels came down from the heavens and.... all my sins were forgiven. No kidding, they are THAT good. Holy yum! (pun intended? You'll never know) Anyway, I know you kittens are just dying for the recipe so here it is, below. Now, I've got to let you know that I could never possibly take credit for something SO divine- every bit of this yumminess belongs to Miss Nicole of Baking Bites- thank you for providing me with such delicious things to make and munch! I made a few alterations, but pretty much everything was perfect the way it was written.







Sugar Donut Muffins
Ingredients




 3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking power
1 pinch  salt
1 pinch ground nutmeg- (ok, I used a couple pinches, I like nutmeg. Sue me.)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
  3/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract






2 tbsp butter, melted
 Some sugar, for rolling those delicious little bites of joy in.


Warm up that little oven of yours to a toasty 350 degrees, and either line your muffin tray with some cute liners, or grease em' up. Either way will work just fine! I opted to use liners, and therefore less of my muffin was coated in butter and sugar. This could be a good or a bad thing, depending on how you'd like to look at it. ;)



In a big bowl, beat your egg and sugar until they look creamy and delicious. Try not to eat it, though- food safety rules and all, you know. Darn. 



In a smaller bowl, whisk together your flour, salt, baking powder and nutmeg. Pour all that into your sugary egg mixture and stir it up a little.


Now you're going to pour in your milk, vegetable oil and some tasty vanilla. Mix that all up, but not TOO hard... we're making muffins, ladies, not training for StrongMan! Let that batter relax.


The batter tastes like unicorns, sparkles and rainbows.... but please don't eat it and then get sick and sue me. There are raw eggs in this, kittens! Don't follow my bad example... if you can help it ;)



Divide your batter up in your muffin tin and make as many delicious little muffins as you can, filling each about 3/4 of the way full. Pop those beauties in your heated oven and set the timer for 16-18 minutes. When it goes off, stick a toothpick in the center of a muffin and check to make sure it comes out clean. If it does, that means they are finished! Huzzah! While you're waiting patiently for your timer to go off, why don't you melt that butter in a bowl and get the rest of your sugar ready for dippin'?


Mmmm.... these babies are going to smell so divine you are going to want to gobble them up right then and there. Don't. Trust me on this. It gets even better.


Dunk those still warm little muffins into a glorious bath of buttah. Pure buttah. After that dunkage, plop them right into that bowl of crystal sugar.... and then, right into your mouth, if you're anything like me! Or, if you're the tiniest bit practical, let them cool a little while on a wire rack, and indulge whenever you're ready for some sin. Bring it on, baby.



Seriously, how could you possibly resist?! Don't even try :)

Stay tuned for a little DIY lesson on how to make the cute cupcake stand at the very beginning of the post! I hope you all enjoyed this recipe... if you do try it out (and trust me, you want to) let me know how it goes? 








2 comments:

Thank you so much for your feedback on my blog! I appreciate each and every one of your messages <3